Monday, December 22, 2008

Waterkeeper Alliance

I was channel surfing on Sunday, looking for something to watch other than football, when I stumbled across The Deer Valley Celebrity Skifest. Well being the type of person that follows all the celebrity mumbo jumbo, I was curious as to what they were trying to raise money for. Turns out they were raising funds for a non-profit organization called Waterkeeper Alliance.
Well I did not exactly know what that was so I thought that I would research it. Waterkeeper Alliance is an organization that tries to protect water quality, ecosystems and communities. They have a full time person that is in change of one area of water and several different program names, such as Riverkeeper and Coastkeeper. For more information, like how you may start your own Waterkeeper Program go to http://www.waterkeeper.org/

No comments: