Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Venus Flytrap Being Poached?


I never would of thought that a plant could be prey for poachers. But apparently, the Venus flytrap is a hot commodity to poachers. I found an article on msn.com detailing how the habitats for the Venus flytrap are being made into shopping centers and golf courses. People hunt out the flytraps, take them from their soil and then sell them on the Internet and on the side of the road. Luckily, there are people out there trying to save the flytraps. They really not as dangerous as people think they are. Who wants a fly around any way right?

To read the full article click here.

Photo by David Midgley via Flickr

1 comment:

Loyd said...

My friend gave me a "kit" to grow a venus fly trap and some other "carnivorous" plants for Christmas a couple years back. I still have yet to plant it. Too many horror movies have scarred me for life.