Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mothers Day


Yesterday I was spending Mothers Day with my mom when a light bulb went out in her dining room light. "I'm going to have to run to the store tomorrow to get some more. It seems like we're going through a bulb a week anymore."

"Mom!" I said. "Don't just get a light bulb get a Compact Fluorescent. Compact Fluorescents are a little more expensive when you initially buy them but they last up to 10 times longer. You save buy not having to buy more bulbs every week AND you cut your energy bill too! Not only that, Compact Fluorescents help you save money on your air conditioning during the summer months because they generate less heat!"

Needless to say my mom went out this morning and bought Compact Fluorescents for every light fixture in her house. What a great Mothers Day gift!

To learn more about Compact Fluorescents check out EnergyStar.gov

1 comment:

Kristen said...

It amazes me how many people don't know anything about CFL's.