Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Driving Less Miles

One way to reduce your carbon footprint is by looking out for new auto policies that give you incentives for driving less miles. A new auto policy TripSense® by Progressive Auto Insurance will let you pay on your policy depending upon how many miles you drive in your vehicle. Some clients can save up to 25% on their premiums per year. The policies are currently available in Michigan and Oregon.

Although I wasn't able to locate any policies offered here in California, more insurance companies are looking into offering the program sometime in the near future.

More information listed below:

GMAC Insurance and OnStar
Pay-As-You-Drive Vehicle Insurance

I know this type of incentive would motivate me to drive less, making me monitor the amount of miles I drive each year which would be better for the environment and my vehicle.




1 comment:

Kristen said...

OK, this makes sense. But wouldn't you think that the less you drove, the less experience you would have and therefore get into more accidents? Or do you think that reducing your time on the road will reduce the amount of accidents. I'm curious to see how this will turn out.